You can blame this on MovieMan0283 at The Dancing Image for starting this up and T.S. at Screen Savour for tagging me. 😉 So before we get to the goodies, here are the rules for the latest Internet fad:
1. You must not have seen any of the films on your list, either in theatres or on video.
2. The films on your list should not be available on Netflix (this will be the criteria for “availability” since it’s too hard to track down what’s available where, to who, etc.)
3. You can organize the list however you want, in themed couplets like Piper’s original list, or just as twelve semi-random films.
5. Tag five people to keep the meme going.
6. If you’re too lazy to follow all of these rules, but still want to participate, you have my blessing (the more the merrier). Except for the rule about linking to my blog. That you still have to obey.
This time around I decided to break the films up into pairs of two, mostly by director. At first I thought that this would be too hard to accomplish (while abiding by the rules, that is), but then I remembered that there were quite a few Italian films that I couldn’t find on NetFlix. So doing some backtracking, and aided by a few bouts of genius, let’s get this party started:
War of the Buttons (Why is this gem not on DVD yet?)
(EDIT: Just found out that this is my 100th post. Yay)
Filed under: Favorites Lists, Life | Tagged: abel gance, alfred hitchcock, art, chaplin, culture, days of glory, dvd, film, I accuse, ingrid bergman, journey to italy, Life, list, luchino visconti, meme, movie, napoleon, NetFlix, notorious, poster, rebecca, roberto rossellini, senso, shoe shine, sleuth, stromboli, tag, the gold of naples, vittorio de sica, war of the buttons |